This is it, folks! It’s the last day to finish up all your holiday shopping and the roads/malls/grocery stores are all going to be nuts. The pressure that comes with Christmas Eve shopping can really wrack your nerves and lead you to spend more money than you normally would – just so you can be done with it all. Wouldn’t it be great to have a go-to guide that breaks down all the best ways to save today? Well, here it is! Check out Mo’ Money’s top 5 tips on how to easily, efficiently, and frugally finish your holiday shopping, without completely destroying your Christmas cheer and exploding your credit cards.
- Take Advantage of Free Mobile Gift Giving. I’ve been blogging a lot about Wrapp these past few weeks because I think it’s such an essential holiday app. Wrapp lets you send free $5 and $10 mobile gift cards (and larger, paid mobile gift cards, of course) to your Facebook friends. I have tons of Facebook friends I don’t see on a regular basis, but to whom I’d still love to send some holiday cheer. Think a $5/$10 gift card won’t buy much? Check out all your friends can buy for next to nothing at Gap, Sephora, and H&M.
- Score Free Eats. If you’re logging long hours at the mall today you’re going to need to eat. You don’t have to spend a fortune. In fact, you don’t even have to spend any money at all. At the mall? You can SnipSnap coupons for free pretzels and drinks at Auntie Anne’s. Hungry on the road? Check out my Fast Food Coupon bundle, complete with coupons for free burgers, fries, and milkshakes at some of my favorite fast food joints like Sonic, Wendy’s, Arby’s, and more.
- Make a Coupon List, Check it Twice. If you’re heading out on a holiday shopping haul and you want to keep your wits about you, make a cup of tea and plan things out first. SnipSnap’s new version 2.0 lets you custom organize your coupons by shopping trip. Create holiday shopping coupon bundles with all of the deals you plan on taking advantage of today. You can even create multiple holiday shopping coupon bundles, one for each store you plan on visiting.
- Consult Your Store Sale Options. Shopkick and Shopular are great apps for getting a heads up on in-store sales and promotions. Find out what’s on sale at your local mall in an instant by flipping through shopkick look books and Shopular ads. Shopkick will reward you with incentive “kicks” you can redeem for real-world rewards like Starbucks cards. Do enough shopping, and you might earn a free latte by the end of the day.
- When at All Possible, Stack Your Mobile Savings. Whenever you walk into a store, you have to ask yourself, “How many ways can I save?” Stocking up at Target? You can SnipSnap Target store coupons, exchange shopkick kicks for Target mobile gift cards, and redeem qualifying Ibotta offers.
That’s all there is to it! Stay safe out there, save tons of money, and have the best holidays yet.