Ahh, spring. The days are getting longer and, pretty soon, it will be time for afternoons at the pool and nights on the patio. I’m obsessed with pinning easy, delicious recipes so I’ll always have lots of easy entertaining ideas on hand. Today, I was inspired by this coupon for free Snicker Doodle Muddy Buddy Chex Mix in the 7-Eleven app (expires 4/14); so I bookmarked some easy puppy chow recipes for summer get-togethers (ok, ok, also for watching Game of Thrones). Time is money! Want some easy, no-bake, sugary sweet recipes to try? Check out my top five most delicious Chex Mix inspired recipes:
1. Funfetti Puppy Chow: Carrie from Carrie’s Sweet Life whipped up this seriously sweet easy cake/Chex mix recipe that only calls for 4 ingredients. Carrie’s blog is full of simple, kid friendly cooking so check it out!
2. Cupcake Puppy Chow: Sally from Sally’s Baking Addiction developed this really cool almond-laced cupcake puppy chow recipe. Sally’s blog is chock full of easy, innovative, and creative recipes (plus, she’s a runner, which makes me love her blog even more!)
3. Thin Mint Puppy Chow: Aimee from Shugary Sweets created this puppy chow recipe to taste like thin mint cookies! The recipe is super easy, combing regular and mint chocolate and throwing in some green mint m&ms for an extra green kick. I love Aimee’s blog; her recipes are vast and creative (ginger bread Rice Krispie treats, anyone?)
4. Red Velvet Puppy Chow: Oh my goodness, this would not last long in my house. Brittany from UnbearablyGood whipped these up with white chocolate and red velvet cake mix. Brittany’s blog is loaded with cool recipes (besides sweet treats, she features cocktail and even Paleo diet recipes).
5. Cookies and Cream Puppy Chow: Nikki from Chef in Training created these Oreo muddy buddy creations. Be forewarned: they are addictive. Check out Nikki’s blog for much more creative culinary inspiration; she does a lot of mean things with cookies and cream (check out how she combines Oreos and popcorn).