Remember when you were a kid and those boring, monochromatic food coloring dyes were your only option when it came to decorating Easter eggs? Most people know how to decorate eggs using food dye washes, crayons, and stickers. But, come on, guys. We’re living in the Pinterest age now. Time to jazz it up a little bit and embellish Easter eggs with elegance. Here are Mo’ Money’s Top Five DIY Easter Egg Designs:
- Tie Dye Easter Eggs: Caroline Armelle Drake (Armelle Blog) featured this beautiful, super-easy method for creating tie dye eggs. All you need for this project is eggs, paper towels, white vinegar, and food coloring. The results are stunning, and they’re easy enough to create with kids too!
- DIY Glitter-Dipped Easter Eggs: Elisabeth from A Growing Home blogged these sparkly gold glittered eggs and I can’t take my eyes off of them. They’re sophisticated, but easy enough to make with materials you probably already have lying around the house: food coloring, school glue, metallic glitter, a sewing needle, and a paint brush.
- DIY Washi Tape Easter Eggs: Chelsea from Lovely Indeed created these amazing eggs using only craft tape! I love how chic these look and the idea of a dye-free (read: no mess) Easter egg is really appealing as well.
- DIY Silk-Dyed Easter Eggs: How cool! Amanda from It’s a Fabulous Life shows how you can dye eggs with old silk ties, vinegar, and boiling water. Who knew! Silk dyeing is a mess-free way to create really intricate designs and recycle some not-so-attractive old silk ties.
- DIY Natural Dye Easter Eggs: I’ve love the idea of creating my own chemical-free Easter egg dye, but most of the tutorials I’ve found don’t yield very vibrant results. So I was really excited to find Christine Chitnis’ tutorial for nature-made Easter eggs that actually look beautiful too. All you need to create these eco-friendly eggs is beets, ground coffee, red cabbage, ground turmeric, and vinegar.I love all of these Easter eggs crafts because they’re frugal fun that recycles materials you already have at home. In cases where you do need to visit the craft store to pick up some supplies, make sure you SnipSnap mobile coupons to cut your cost by up to 50%!