Halloween is right around the corner. Boo! It’s almost time to trick or treat, but don’t get so excited that you end up spending a fortune on Halloween costumes and accessories this year. Halloween celebrations can get expensive. That’s why Mo’ Money presents:
10 Ways to Save This Halloween:
- Coupon. If you’re going to buy costumes, make sure you SnipSnap before you shop. Check out SnipSnap’s Fall Savings coupon bundle on the “Discover” screen of the app right now. You’ll find high-value Halloween costume coupons, plus one very special pumpkin frappuccino coupon for a pick-me-up while you’re out putting together your spooky ensemble.
- DIY. Before you buy anything, think “Can I make it?” You can create all sorts of Halloween staples, like fake blood, with items/ingredients you already have in your home. You can DIY just about any Halloween decoration too.
- Buy Less. What’s worse than not having enough candy for the trick-or-treaters? Having too much left over for yourself. Do your wallet and your waistband a favor, and buy half the candy you think you need. Better yet, use this Target text coupon for $2 off one bag of snack-size Hershey’s candy. You can only use the coupon once, so you won’t be tempted to overdo it.
- Thrift. It’s way cooler to create costumes with character. There really isn’t any costume that can’t be completed with the help of a great thrift shop. Even better: If you still don’t know what you want to be this year, just visiting a thrift shop should give you all the inspiration you need. (When you can, make sure you wash and dry all your thrifted goods with heat so you don’t get any real creepy crawlies. Just sayin’.)
- Get Your Tickets Now. If you plan on visiting a haunted attraction this year, don’t wait til the 30th to buy your tickets. You can save up to 50% if you buy your tickets weeks ahead of time. Want to freak yourself out at Eastern State Penitentiary? Tickets are half off if you buy them now.
- Think about Next Year. Leftover costumes are going to be on serious mark-down come 12 AM November 1. It’s never too soon to think about next year, especially when you can get decked out for 75% off.
- Skip the Fancy Face Makeup. You don’t need to buy special Halloween makeup to create a great effect. Red lipstick, mascara, eye-liner – everything you have in your makeup bag now can be used to create blood, bruises, wrinkles, moles, and other gruesome deformities.
- Have Fun at Home. You don’t have to spend a fortune at theme parks to have a good time. Have a Halloween movie marathon, host a Halloween pot-luck, or create your own haunted house.
- Shop at Craft Stores. You can get a lot of great Halloween decorations you can’t DIY (like lights) at craft stores. Make sure you SnipSnap craft store coupons like this 50% off coupon for Jo-Ann Fabrics.
- Make Family Traditions. It doesn’t cost a cent to break out the Ouija board and scare the pants off each other. And, once you make something free and fun a family tradition, it will become the best Halloween activity ever – because it’s yours.