Happy Monday, everyone! I’m really into making lists and, recently, I’m really interested in making lists about all the simple ways I save money + the environment. I save a ton of money on the weekends! Here are just a few of the ways I saved this past Saturday-Sunday:
1. Hoarded free Otis Spunkmeyer Muffins, Nature Valley bars, bananas, and bottled water at Saturday’s road race. (Hey! The leftovers were just going to get thrown away!) Ate hoarded food over the weekend for breakfasts/lunches instead of buying more food and creating more waste.
2. Ran 4 miles to grandmother’s house for dinner instead of driving. Carpooled home with my mother. Scored GIANT plate of turkey/stuffing/veggie leftovers. Will eat leftovers for dinner through Tuesday.
3. Donated a giant trash bag of super old but still very functional clothes (in good condition!) to charity.
4. SnipSnapped a coupon for $10 off any purchase at DSW. I desperately needed new running socks and so I scored this 6-pack of adidas premium running sucks (they are super comfy!) for just $7 (down from $17).
5. Shopped Old Navy online and scored free shipping, free returns, sale prices, plus 20% off my entire purchase with code ONSAVE20 at check out (this code is good until 5/6!) I saved well over thirty dollars on a pretty substantial addition to my spring wardrobe (I purchased: one pair of skinny jeans, two tank tops, one blouse, and one adorable, lavender sundress for just about $90).
All in all, I saved probably $60 in food/clothing costs and created less waste (I eat every last bite of free food that comes my way and the gas I save by using my training runs to actually get somewhere does add up).
Want a little more money-saving, list-making inspiration? Stay tuned for a post about some of my favorite inspirational, holistic, frugal lifestyle blogs later today!