iMore is one of our absolute favorite tech blogs, and has written great stuff about SnipSnap in the past. We’re honored to be included as one of their best coupon and savings apps!
SnipSnap combines coupons you already have with coupons you may not have found otherwise. Browse through their large selection of coupons and save the ones you think you’ll use. You can also see a percentage rating for how successful it’s been for others. If you clip physical coupons you can take photos of those and save them right to your iPhone. That way you can just show the cashier your iPhone come time for checkout.
We’ve been seeing the effects of our app first-hand for months, and just how effective mobile coupons can be at driving a consumer to make an in-store transaction.
The Omnibus Company and fellow couponing site RetailMeNot quantified the findings in a different way, with a 1,000+ consumer survey recently. The numbers tell an increasingly familiar story:
About half 51% of respondents said they would be more likely to buy products in-store if they received a mobile coupon while in close proximity to the store. Younger mobile users 18-34 were more likely to do so 63% than those age 35+ 43%.Furthermore, respondents indicated that if they were already in-store when they received a mobile coupon they would be 61% more likely to make a purchase.
via Location-based mobile coupons tempt consumers in-store – Mobile Marketing – BizReport.
If you haven’t couponed, you simply haven’t lived. Coupons are the best way to buy more of what you need so you can afford what you want. If you clip coupons, I can almost guarantee your life is way better for it. But are you opened up to the whole world of mobile coupons, at your fingertips, on your smart phone, at all times?
It’s not a small world. Here are just the top ten ways you can make and save money with your smart phone:
- Mobile Coupon Apps Mobile Coupon apps make it a breeze to save on the go, without paper. Apps like SnipSnap, Yowza!!, and RetailMeNot are super-easy tools to track deals in your current location and redeem them straight from your mobile phone.
- Retail Apps Tons of top retailers and restaurants have their own amazing apps that let you discover store locations, in-store savings, and coupons. Target, Walgreens, and P.F. Chang’s all make it fun and easy to get deals from your phone.
- Incentive Apps Want a way to make shopping (and saving) even more fun? Interactive, incentive apps like shopkick pay you to shop. You earn points or kicks just for walking into a store and scanning items, and you can redeem your kicks for awesome rewards.
- Price Check Apps Make sure you shop savvy with price comparison apps, like Red Laser, that let you know whether the price you’re about to pay is the best one you can get in your area. You can even compare gas prices with apps like GasBuddy!
- Facebook Offers Like a store or restaurant in real life? “Like” it on Facebook! Retailers are offering mobile deals to their Facebook fans all the time. When you claim one, you’ll get an email coupon you can redeem right off your phone.
- Gift-giving Apps Like to give savings as much as you like to receive them? Gift-giving apps like Wrapp let you exchange free 5 and 10 dollars gift cards with your Facebook friends so they can save at great stores like Sephora, Roots, and Warby Parker.
- Social Network Subscriptions Stay in the loop! Make sure you follow your favorite bloggers, companies, and coupon apps on Facebook, so you can stay up-to-date on all the latest offers and saving strategies.
- Travel Apps Travel apps like Hotel Tonight make it insanely easy to save on the go, even last minute. If you want a cheap hotel room, bus ticket, or air flight, there’s an app for that.
- Group Deals Save in numbers! Top daily deal sites like Groupon and Living Social have apps that let you get group deals and huge discounts from your phone.
- Text Coupons You don’t even need a smart phone to save via text. Lots of retailers and restaurants like Jo-Ann’s and Arby’s have text message programs that deliver easy-to-use text coupons several times a week.
Of course, the best way to be a successful mobile couponer is to integrate many mobile saving methods into your lifestyle and couponing routine. But, I’ve got to know, if you could only choose one way to save off this list, which one would it be?