Not too long ago, I blogged about how I saved over $400 dollars with SnipSnap at Lenscrafters. Eyeglasses are one of those things you should never, ever even think about buying without a coupon. The unfortunate things is that most people end up buying eyeglasses in a hurry, when a pair is lost or broken, and they don’t take the time to save. SnipSnap solves that problem at Lenscrafters, Pearle Vision, America’s Best and more.
Warby Parker is an amazing startup offering sleek, vintage inspired prescription eye wear for less than $100 a pair. Best part: for every pair of glasses purchased, Warby Parker provides a pair of glasses to someone in need by funding global non-profit partners like VisionSpring. Did you know that 15% of the world’s population can’t learn or work properly because they can’t afford prescription eye wear? That’s a billion people who can’t live up to their potential. Vision correction increases a person’s productivity and income by 20%. Think about what the world could do if only everyone were able to see clearly.
It’s kind of incredible that one company can make glasses affordable to the poor and the not-so-poor. (Glasses are way too expensive for almost everybody.) So it’s beyond amazing that Warby Parker has teamed up with social gift-giving apps like Wrapp and Just Because to offer even more savings to loyal and new Warby customers.
Unless you’re near a select Warby showroom, you’ll have to purchase a pair of Warby Parker’s online. They’ll send you up to five frames to try on for free, and then you’ll submit your prescription with your order. Warby’s customer service is phenomenal (they’ll ever answer your tweets with personalized YouTube videos). And they’ll do almost anything to make sure you’re happy with your glasses. Want to order a pair of Warby Parkers online? Ask one of your friends to send you a free Warby Parker gift card from Wrapp (offers are worth $10-$20 depending on the day and the person).
Or you could ask for a $1 gift card good for $20 off Warby Parker using Just Because.
$75 = a pair of glasses for you and a pair of glasses for someone who desperately needs them. And a win win turns into a win win win with mobile coupons. It doesn’t get any better than that.
Bonus: Warby Parker is currently taking its showroom on the road with the Warby Parker Class Trip bus tour nationwide. Stop by when Warby visits your city to find your perfect pair of glasses!
I visited the Warby school bus in Philadelphia yesterday and fell in love with these frames!
(I also had fun with the free Class Trip photo booth.)
If you haven’t couponed, you simply haven’t lived. Coupons are the best way to buy more of what you need so you can afford what you want. If you clip coupons, I can almost guarantee your life is way better for it. But are you opened up to the whole world of mobile coupons, at your fingertips, on your smart phone, at all times?
It’s not a small world. Here are just the top ten ways you can make and save money with your smart phone:
- Mobile Coupon Apps Mobile Coupon apps make it a breeze to save on the go, without paper. Apps like SnipSnap, Yowza!!, and RetailMeNot are super-easy tools to track deals in your current location and redeem them straight from your mobile phone.
- Retail Apps Tons of top retailers and restaurants have their own amazing apps that let you discover store locations, in-store savings, and coupons. Target, Walgreens, and P.F. Chang’s all make it fun and easy to get deals from your phone.
- Incentive Apps Want a way to make shopping (and saving) even more fun? Interactive, incentive apps like shopkick pay you to shop. You earn points or kicks just for walking into a store and scanning items, and you can redeem your kicks for awesome rewards.
- Price Check Apps Make sure you shop savvy with price comparison apps, like Red Laser, that let you know whether the price you’re about to pay is the best one you can get in your area. You can even compare gas prices with apps like GasBuddy!
- Facebook Offers Like a store or restaurant in real life? “Like” it on Facebook! Retailers are offering mobile deals to their Facebook fans all the time. When you claim one, you’ll get an email coupon you can redeem right off your phone.
- Gift-giving Apps Like to give savings as much as you like to receive them? Gift-giving apps like Wrapp let you exchange free 5 and 10 dollars gift cards with your Facebook friends so they can save at great stores like Sephora, Roots, and Warby Parker.
- Social Network Subscriptions Stay in the loop! Make sure you follow your favorite bloggers, companies, and coupon apps on Facebook, so you can stay up-to-date on all the latest offers and saving strategies.
- Travel Apps Travel apps like Hotel Tonight make it insanely easy to save on the go, even last minute. If you want a cheap hotel room, bus ticket, or air flight, there’s an app for that.
- Group Deals Save in numbers! Top daily deal sites like Groupon and Living Social have apps that let you get group deals and huge discounts from your phone.
- Text Coupons You don’t even need a smart phone to save via text. Lots of retailers and restaurants like Jo-Ann’s and Arby’s have text message programs that deliver easy-to-use text coupons several times a week.
Of course, the best way to be a successful mobile couponer is to integrate many mobile saving methods into your lifestyle and couponing routine. But, I’ve got to know, if you could only choose one way to save off this list, which one would it be?